Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wednesday/Thursday in Reggio

Hi all!
So, per Mom's request - here is a picture of pasta in Italy! haha

Let me tell you - it was delicious! Spinach stuffed ravioli with sauce on the side...mmmm! Of course, wine as well! haha!

I realized I haven't shared a picture of our hotel room yet either...well here it is! Liz and I have become very close...VERY close. Our room is basically the size of my freshman year dorm room. Typical European hotel room!

Last night was a blast in the central piazza. We had drinks with teachers from around the world at the conference...hilarious to talk to everyone. Made some great connections with teachers in our area, including a professor from Ohio and a teacher at the lab school at the UIC in the city. The highlight of my night though had to be when I took a picture with the 3 women who are the heads of Reggio Children. To me - they are better than meeting the biggest movie stars...seriously.
HERE IT IS! Me, Carla Rinaldi (Pedagogista, President of Reggio Children), Amelia Gambetti (Educator, International Network Coordinator, Liason for Consultancy to Schools of Reggio Children) and Mara Davoli (former Atelierista - Preschools and Infant-Toddler Centers Isituzione)
Needless to say - I'm blowing this picture up when I get home.

At night, we walked around before dinner and took some great shots of the city. It was called "Reggio in Pink" - a celebration for the women to get out of the house and for families to have a chance to enjoy events in the town centers including live music, art, the soccer game, etc.

Had a busy day at school learning about Reggio Emilia's views of children with special needs who I teach. My favorite thing is that these children are referred to as "Children with Special Rights". So empowering. The presentation was moving and brought me to tears...literally. Lots of great ideas and stances to make change when I get back home. :)

We toured an Infant-Toddler center in the afternoon and debriefed after. Amazing. These days are long - from 8am to 8pm today...but worth every single second.

Just got home from an EXCELLENT dinner at Il Pozzo in town right next to the park. Everyone at home gives me a hard time for not eating a lot - but let me tell you, I chowed down! I ordered...get ready for this...TWO entrees! First course - pasta. Second course - grilled chicken and veggies...and of course some wine. So so good! :)
Here's the pasta - I chowed down my chicken too fast to take a picture! haha!

Restaurant we ate at - Il Pozzo...yum! Love eating outside every night

Love you all so much! It's 10:30pm here - planning our trip to Florence on Saturday and to Remini on Sunday...thank you to Courtney who sent me some "must sees" for Florence when we are there! Helps to have people who've been there!

Ciao Bella!
Carly

4 comments:

  1. Hi Car - just spoke to you on the phone. You sound like you're in the next room. Thanks for the FOOD pictures, I'd love a recipe or two and don't forget to get the names of your favorite wines - Binny's here I come! Sleep well, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute (not sure who Lory is) but my sister calls me car or care to cute more things we have in common!! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carly! Sooo many things to see in Firenze:Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens, Duomo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore)..... Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - Carrie, Lory is Mama Burds! :) She's the bestest!

    Renee - I saw ALL of it yesterday! About to post a blog!

    ReplyDelete