Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pictures from the Park

Here are the pictures from the beautiful park behind one of the Reggio Emilia Preschools that we visited. The title of the workshop was "Enchanting Glances - Sensitive Paths". The focus was to think like a child and experience the multi sensory aspects of the gorgeous park that allows kids to take risks and explore nature. Wish we had this at our school!

PS - THANK YOU to Uncle Wayne for emailing me how to compress my pictures so that they actually upload... :)
Pond in the park

Cool sculpture that the kids made out of clay and they have displayed on a pillar.

Bamboo "forest"...absolutely amazing. My favorite part of the park! I would have loved this as a kid...Mom & Dad it reminds me of our "Spooky Forest" at the old house!

They use the bamboo from the forest all OVER! Here is a teepee the kids made...unbelievable.

To me, it looked like a giant birds nest! The kids made this and look at all of the great natural materials set out in appealing wicker baskets for the kids to play with and make art.

"Spider Web"

I'd love to be a kid in Reggio! I wish I could have taken pictures inside of the nature Atelier. The hundreds of glass jars holding various natural materials to do artwork with was breathtaking. Neatest part about kids doing art in Reggio - NO GLUE ALLOWED! All projects are made with natural materials, and after taking pictures of the projects, documenting them, and displaying them in the school, the kids take them apart and recycle the materials for new projects. I love it. :)

Having some technical issues trying to connect this blog to the blog that our group started....whoops! Going now to class, a piano bar then to watch the soccer game...but after I'm going to try and merge the two together! The other site's address is here: Reggio 2010

Arrivederci!
Carly

1 comment:

  1. No glue, what would Carly do? Reggio was made for you, soo cool. Still can't believe you're at the one place you've been talking about for years. Reggio Vernon Hills has a nice ring to it. HUGS

    ReplyDelete