Hi everyone!
Just got back from climbing (well - took a cable car up then hiked/took a train the rest...still hard work!) Mount Rigi in the Swiss Alps! Take a look at the pictures!
Riding up the cable car
Liz and I sitting in a giant horn - haha!
Part of the walkway towards the middle of the mountain
Oh you know...just climbing a mountain in the Alps.
Making friends with cows
Cows are on the Alps literally all the way up to the top!
View from the very very top of Mt. Rigi! My hotel is in the town to the left of the yellow cornfield in the middle of the land across the lake...
People paragliding off the top of the mountain - incredible!
At one point there were 8-10 paragliders all by each other in the air...higher than the mountains with the wind.
About to shower now and then head to Heidi and Martin's house for a traditional Swiss dinner of Raclette - I just Googled it to try and figure out what it is...but Google is all in German here! haha! Sounds like a mix of grilling and fondue with cheese...yum! :)
It's supposed to thunderstorm tonight...hopefully not bad. Leaving early in the morning at 6am to head to Italy! I have loved Switzerland so far...but very excited to get to Reggio Emilia!
xoxo
Carly
Awesome Jesus picture! I like your new cowfriend. Any spotted cows?
ReplyDeleteLove ya - Dad