Our hotel - on the side of a HUGE hill! Dead animals, antlers, coat of armors, etc. EVERYWHERE decorating it...I'll post pics!
Looking at our hotel room from the outside window...check out the statue! haha
Our hotel window
Looking out the balcony at only PART of the Alps and the lake!
We spent the day with Sue's friend, Heidi. Heidi lived in Vernon Hills for 3 years and Sue was her daughter's teacher. She's fluent in English and German (which they speak here...I'm so lost!) so she was a great tour guide. We toured Luzerne - the largest town around us. It's funny because we took every possible mode of transportation today. Took a plane to Switzerland, drove the rental car to Merlischachen, took a boat to Luzerne, took a trolly around Luzerne, a train back to Merlischachen, followed by a city bus (Mercedes might I add) back to our car.
Boat to Luzerne
Liz (my roommate) and I on the boat
Part of Luzerne's "Old City" from the walkway
The train station - that's Sue in the orange and Heidi in the black.
Haven't slept in over 24 hours...haven't ate in over 12 hours...running on adrenaline and need to poop myself out. We're on a 7 hour time difference, and I really need to get my body back in the swing of things. Ick!
Weather is HOT - and tomorrow will be hotter! We have another jam-packed day...hopefully I can keep up!
Love you all-
Carly
No comments:
Post a Comment