Friday, July 9, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Today is going to be hot, hot, hot! (do-do-do-dooooo....the song is stuck in my head already! haha!) It's 7:30am right now, and it's already over 70 degrees. Supposed to get up to 92-93 degrees, and my American body enjoys air conditioning....however, AC is not a necessity here in Italy - more of a luxury. If it gets too hot, I might just be joining in with these kids in the fountains - haha!

Today's lineup of classes include:
  • Observation, Documentationa nd Interpretation by Simona Bonilauri & Laura Rubizzi
  • Breakout sessions - I'm choosing "Shadow Stories: Poetics of an Encounter" by Paola Barchi (Just bought a book about shadow play yesterday - excited for this one!)
  • A pizza lunch buffet - yum!
  • Presentation of the Photography Research Project "Enchanted Words" by Mirella Ruozzi and Mara Davoli
We are done EARLY today at only 4:30pm! People are traveling and taking off today, so we have time to ourselves. I'm hoping to find a pool to swim, walk around the park and of course plan out our weekend!

Yesterday I bought 70 Euros worth of Reggio Books and today I'm buying one more. They are just so inspiring and really give me some great ideas for teaching methods that I could even incorporate for my little guys with special rights. (love it)

Happy HOT Day!
Car

3 comments:

  1. Pizza buffet, perfect. I do believe it'll be better than Lou's. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than Lou's, oh Lory. Haha, I love reading your blog car and glad to hear you are excited to learn more and more! Wish you were avas teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the posts Carly... Just found it and love the feeling that I am in Europe with you rather than in Wauk-town!

    ReplyDelete