First day of class in Reggio Emilia - and so happy! :)
Classes are long and intense - here from 8:30am till 9pm...but it's all worth it. The opportunity to be engrossed in these schools, this culture and this way of thinking is absolutely amazing. Making small talk with the heads of Reggio Children is something I never dreamed of...and having them greet us by name as we walk in is a dream.
Today we learned A LOT. Topics we discussed were:
-Cultural Project of the International Center of Loris Malaguzzi (learning about internationality of the school)
-Architecture and Design of Reggio Schools
-The Logo of Reggio Children/International Center (how is was designed, meaning behind it, etc.)
-Ecology of Places (Design of Reggio Schools)
-Learning about theories of Reggio Schools (EC-High School) by the Commissioner of Education
-TOURED A PRESCHOOL!!!!! :) (so many new ideas, ways of thought, etc. to bring home)
-Enchanting Glances of Photographic Languages (had the chance to lear
n from a student's point of view hands-on doing a project in the Reggio style...changed my way of thought as aneducator)
-TOURED THE RECYCLING CENTER!!! (absolutely amazing...the entire town works together collecting various materials from old books to helmets, tin cans to SPRINGS (yup Dad!) to use in the classrooms to promote various arts and learning)
Wish I could take pictures of the schools and buildings - but we aren't allowed whatsoever.
During the photo project that we did in the afternoon, we were allowed to take pictures as part of the project...I'm proud of my work! haha! The focus of the session was to look at reality from various ways. Here are my pictures!
Soaking up everything I'm learning and growing so much as a person and as a teacher. Yesterday was rough and I had a hard time...today I am really enjoying it all. Liz and I just got home from having wine after our tour of the Reggio Children Recycling Center. It's 12:30am and we have to be up by 6:30am - oh well. Don't care - only in Reggio Emilia once! ;)
Love you all - about to call Mama and Daddy Burds and fill them in!
Car
No comments:
Post a Comment